RE-ARCHITECTURE, OR HOW TO NET $10 MILLION IN SAVINGS IN UNDER A YEAR.
No company wants to find a business segment in rapid decline from competitive pressure and dwindling revenue, but it can happen. And when it does, cost-cutting measures are required to bring margins back in line. A leading telecommunications provider recently found itself in this predicament, already having plucked the low-hanging fruit for cost reduction.
THE SYNAPTIC SHIFT
Capto quickly identified areas for potential savings and set out to re-architect the business segment with minimal impact to customers by using the following approach:
- Leveraged our industry knowledge and expertise to effectively re-architect key networking components while consolidating providers to renegotiate contracts, gain pricing concessions, and improve service levels
- Rolled-up smaller audit projects for further savings while the larger effort was underway
- Established a program office to oversee these efforts and update the executive team with weekly progress and savings, proactively enabling various key teams
- Accomplished the network transition in under a year
- Netted $10 million in annual savings